COURSE 9 - ADJUDICATION
* The specialist with the knowledge and the confidence to approach an adjudication in a way that will yield tangible benefits.
* A practical rather then a theoretical approach to adjudication.
* To give specialists a practical understanding of how adjudication works enabling them to pursue their rights and avoid pitfalls.
* To make specialists competent to pursue good claims and defend spurious claims.
- So what is adjudication?
- What are the requirements of the Act?
- Establishing a right to adjudicate
- Is my contract a 'construction contract' as defined by the Act?
- Is there anything excluded from the definition?
- Do I have a dispute
- Does the dispute arise 'under the contract'?
- Notice of adjudication
- Appointment of an Adjudicator
- Adjudicator Nominating Bodies
- Referral Notice
- Replying to a Notice of Adjudication
- Challenging the Adjudicator's appointment
- What does the Adjudicator do next?
- Will there be a formal hearing?
- What can I expect from the Adjudicator's decision
- Who pays the Adjudicators costs?
- Frequently asked questions
For further information about the course locations please on the links above
Members - £200 + VAT
Non - Members £350 + VAT
IOCS courses are approved by ConstructionSkills. Companies registered with CITB-ConstructionSkills can claim a grant of £17.50 per person per day for courses 1 to 15.